Here Goes Nothing...
This week we talked about moral development, Kohlberg's theory. His theory has six stages that humans go through. When we are in stage one we only make choices based on what the consequences will be. If you were to get in trouble for something you may decide not to do it. The second stage we tend to things many for ourselves and whether or not what we are doing will give us what we want. Or we decide whether or not the victim deserves the punishment. With Stage three we tend to make our decision depending on how others will react. We will do things even though we may not want to just to make others happy. When you decide if you want to do something depending on if it is legal or not that is most likely the fourth stage. You try your best to always fallow the rules and breaking the law would just be out of the question. The final stage is what we are in when we are grown up. We may know something is wrong but if something good will happen from doing it we tend to take to risk of getting caught if it will help someone.
Max Out
I personaly found this week rather interesting and I must say that I am usualy in stage 2 most of the time I want things and I want them now. My ID controls me lol.
ReplyDeleteI liked learning about this theory becuase it showed us what we went through to get to today. I thought it was interesting to look back and relate to each stage of his theory. Usually we enter and exit these stages without even knowing it but once you take a closer look it is very relatable. In some situations I think that some of the stages are more stronger than others. Overall I thought it was interesting to relate and learn about Kohlbersg's theory.
ReplyDelete