Due to my nervousness my breathing quickened. (medulla) As the gun went off I kicked off with my right leg (left hemisphere) followed by my left. (right hemisphere) I was doing great right up until the first hill where I could really feel my legs push me
upward. (cerebellum) It was a hot and humid day so it was no wonder that at mile one I became extremely parched. (hypothalamus) I wanted to slow down after the first mile but i remembered (hippocampus) Cal telling us not to slow down in the second mile because so many people do so we need to keep our pace steady. As I was approaching mile two Dusty passed me, but I would not allow that. I surged and caught him (amygdala)
because there was no way I was about to let him beat me. As we rounded the basketball courts I noticed that the path through the trees changed but that didn't throw me off, I just kept right on with my race. (Autonomic Nervous System) The path was narrow through the woods so as I entered I pushed Dusty to the side. (Somatic Nervous System) I'm not normaly a very aggressive person but I knew if I didn't push him away he would have done the same to me so I had to go against my normal personality. (Frontal Lobe) Cal was standing right outside the woods but I didn't even notice him because I was only focused on finishing this last mile as fast as I could. (Parietal Lobe) As I was nearing the finish I couldn't help but look around as all my teammates cheered me on. (Central Nervous System) After my race I was no longer nervous and was so happy I could feel my spirits lifting. (Pon)
No comments:
Post a Comment