Have you ever been in a situation where you just aren't sure what you should do? half of you wants to just go off and have have, "I mean who cares if you get in trouble," it says. The other have, on the other hand, is telling you to really think about your actions, "is this really something you need to do? Are you willing to live with the consequences if it doesn't go as planned?" your other half may say. depending on which side you listen to will depend on whether you chose the Id or the Superego. You have three different parts of your brain, according to Sigmund Freud, your Id, Superego, and your Ego. Your Id is the "devil" part telling you to just do what ever you want when you want to regardless of the out come or sacrifices it will lead to down the road. Your Superego is the "angel" telling you that you should always do the right thing and really should never take chances. Your Ego is the middle ground, the best of both worlds. The Ego lets you do what's fun but makes sure it's not going to come back and bite your in the tushy. Here's a link to the Eminem song Guilty Conscience which i find is a great example of this. VideoI know everyone has been in a pickle, trying to decide what they should do. There have been times where I need to decide what would be the best action for me. I like to do what's right but I also like to break free sometimes and have fun. This is when my Ego comes into play. I need to find a common ground between the two so I can have fun but still be safe and fallow the rules. As long as you don't just listen to one part of your brain and almost listen to both equally you should be just dandy. Thanks for listening and like always feel free to post a response.
Max Out
Max you did so well relating to this in the same way to life. You were so right about the Id/Superego everyone has been there before I know I have been. And the video you picked by Eminem goes with the subject so well, it always kind of made me laugh. Really nice job max
ReplyDelete